Prepare your computer for HEX Saving
For HEX Saving you need a computer and an extension for your internet browser. The extension is called “MetaMask”.
Watch the following animation to understand how to install this extension.
The animation runs in a loop. It starts again at the end. Below the animation we have also written down the individual steps for you.
- Visit the website MetaMask.io
- Go down a little on the page until you see the line with possible internet browsers.
- Find the name of your internet browser and click on it. Your internet browser probably has one of the following names: Chrome (Google), Firefox, Opera
- Click on the blue field “Add “ and wait.
- As soon as you see the little fox symbol in the upper right corner, the extension is installed.
Congratulations! You have taken the first step towards saving HEX!
Now we will prepare MetaMask for HEX Saving.
- Click the blue field “First Steps” and then “Create a Wallet “ and then the grey field “No, Thanks”.
- Enter a password that you will definitely remember, check the box and click “Next”.
- Click on “Click here to reveal secret words”.
- To secure your HEX savings, you will now need to write down the displayed word sequence on paper. Only when you have done this, click on “Next”.
- Now click on the words in the order you wrote them down. Then click on “Confirm” and then on “All done “.
- Keep the paper with the twelve words in an envelope in a safe place!
Phew! That was a little harder, but it was worth it: You have laid the foundation to manage your own HEX money!
In Step 2: Convert Normal Money to HEX Money we will show you how to convert your normal money to HEX money.